Re: Topband: Low noise preamp suggestions?

To: "Bill Cromwell" <wrcromwell@gmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Low noise preamp suggestions?
From: "T R Mortimer" <mort.g2jl@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 12:43:33 -0000
Greetings !

A diode clamp is a primitive signal-limiter.  More advanced ones might produce
fewer harmonics,  intermodulation products & general S--- & corruption.  [The
writer's manuscript was unclear at this point - Ed]

Automatic Gain control is smooth and continuous in onset and action (in an
ideal world,  unknown to the writer),  and apart from the obvious fact that
output-level in a refined system is unchanging,  it should be quite
undetectable to the user & cause no distortion whatever.

I reckon that's all pretty easy & straightforward,  but any questions  -
especially if scratched on a large gold brick -  will receive my careful
attention.

73 de Mort,  SV5/G2JL