Topband: Bandpass filters for receive antennas

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Bandpass filters for receive antennas
From: Larry via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 12:37:49 +0100
I have been following the discussion on front end relays with interest, and I was wondering what sorts of bandpass filters folks are using for receive antennas. Right now my BOGs don't
have any.

I know of the W3NQN and similar filters; I have a set for 80-10 that I use for Field Day. I suppose I could make or buy a 160 BPF, but am not sure what effect this would have on receive. I also have a set of coax stubs, and was wondering whether anybody uses stubs for 160. Obviously, this would be a LONG piece of coax, but it would probably reduce out of band signals by ~18 db IIRC. I would be interested in what experience the members of the group have had.

Larry
W8ANT