Re: Topband: Maunder minimum solar cycle in 2030?

To: Frank Donovan <donovanf@starpower.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Maunder minimum solar cycle in 2030?
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 16:40:17 -0400
Hi Frank,

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the conveyor belt theory was
used to predict the weakness of the current cycle.  Hathaway himself did
not predict this weakness:

"NASA's Hathaway, along with colleague Robert Wilson at a meeting of the
American Geophysical Union in San Francisco last month, said that Solar
Cycle 24 "looks like it's going to be one of the most intense cycles since
record-keeping began almost 400 years ago."

http://solarchaos.blogspot.com/2008/11/history-of-cycle-24-predictions.html

73,  Bill  W4ZV