Re: Topband: Fwd: ARRL Board meets next week - I'm looking for input

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fwd: ARRL Board meets next week - I'm looking for input
From: " Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 14:36:02 -0400
What's the ethical difference between an NA east coast op who uses an NA west
coast remote to work 160m Asian DX, and an NA east
coast op who flies to a friend's NA west coast QTH for a  week to work 160m
Asian DX?

What's the ethical difference between paying someone to assemble and maintain a
station in your home QTH, and using a remote station
~5 miles away?

A DXer can submit a QSL card or LoTW confirmation to the DXCC desk as evidence
of a QSO, but there is no practical way for the DXer
to prove that he or she was operating from a particular location when that QSO
was made. So while a "single QTH" endorsement sounds
appealing, it would be entirely based on the honor system.

The ARRL has established DXCC rules it can (mostly) enforce. "Operator
location" isn't one of those rules, so it's up to each DXer
to choose how he or she will operate.

       73,

              Dave, AA6YQ