Re: Topband: DK6ED Double Loop

To: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>, Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Subject: Re: Topband: DK6ED Double Loop
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 20:24:31 -0700

On 4/24/2015 7:10 PM, Mike Waters wrote:
Eddy,

Did you ever get any replies to this?

In 2013, I corresponded with a European ham friend of mine about the
original article (not in English). IIRC, that design differs from a similar
antenna ("shared apex") in that there is more separation between the loops.
That, is was claimed, reduces interaction between them and so improves the
pattern.

At the Visalia DX convention last weekend, the vendor of the SAL
announced a "breakthru" where the loops have more separation which
entails dispensing with the shared apex.  Another aspect of the
breakthru was that the loops are now rectangular instead of triangular.
The result looks a lot like the double loops that have already
been published.  All of this confirms my original suspicions about
the SAL.

Rick N6RK