Re: Topband: Use of Remote Receivers During 160 Meter Contests

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Use of Remote Receivers During 160 Meter Contests
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 15:02:59 -0600
What is competitive about DXCC? How can we have a competition when there is no start and finish?

Are people passionate about DXCC and working new ones? Absolutely! I am a member of the Mile Hi DX Association. We all do our own thing and try to help others and get the DX in everyone's log. If I was competing against them why would I want to help them? Maybe those of us in the rarefied marijuana rocky mountain high do thing differently.

There is nothing stopping people from doing it the old school way, which has changed over time or whatever way they want within the rules. Nothing needs to change. Your DXCC does not say all contact made at XXXX location does it?

You do it your way within the rules and I will do it my way. Your way is not any better or worse than my way or any other way as long as it is within the rules.

Mike W0MU