Topband: why does it matter?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: why does it matter?
From: Charles Yahrling <cfytech24x7@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 22:45:22 +0000
The ARRL could take the lead in creating an Unlimited class where anything
goes, which would at least by implication
recognize the folks like me who would rather engineer around the
limitations of their QTH and get the DXCC awards
the old fashioned way.  Seems to me the awards are traditionally intended
to recognize stick-to-it-tive-ness, not my discretionary income.

If I can get K1N with a 100W, no sub-rx, a modest yagi, and good strategy
advice from my CWOPS advisor,
why should I compete in the same class as someone who pulls out all the
technology stops?  Bad enough he's in the pileup trying to out-shout me.

Paraphrasing N1MM's startup banner:  This advice is distributed in the hope
that it will be useful but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, not even the implication
that it will be useful for any particular purpose.

;^)
--
de AB1VL
NAQCC #6799