Re: Topband: RX cables in woods

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: RX cables in woods
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 20:35:28 -0800
On Sat,2/21/2015 4:34 PM, Greg Zenger wrote:
Id love to hear any suggestions or insight on how to route 1000' of cable
through the woods.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but the long runs of plain vanilla Commscope coax laying on the ground in my woods from my Beverages are still fine after 7 years. The runs are about 250 ft each. Bobcat, mountain lions, and cayote are spotted around here pretty often, lots of deer, rats, and gophers, but the predators have gotten the squirrel population down to almost nothing. All my cable lay on the ground -- coax, rotator, SteppIR control line. It's a very temperate climate, but lots of rain during what the folks out here laughingly call winter.

73, Jim K9YC