Re: Topband: What ever happened to the 160 meter "Z" antenna?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: What ever happened to the 160 meter "Z" antenna?
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 20:18:14 -0400
Rick, I think it had more to do with getting something out of the shack window with the tuner inside. I also think it had more to getting the current maximum at the top of the pole. The OT's used to tell me they just taped a #47 bulb and a small loop of wire at the top and fed some power 20 watts or so at night and then trimmed the far end for maximum brilliance to try and get the current maximum at the top of the slant wire. With some vertical component and horizontal cancellation I can not see how this was a *bad* antenna for beginners on TB.

Herb, KV4FZ