Re: Topband: Is self-spotting ALWAYS wrong?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Is self-spotting ALWAYS wrong?
From: Cqtestk4xs--- via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 07:42:49 -0500
I agree.  Many times when I was at KH6 at the bottom of the  cycle, I would
self spot on 10 or 12 since the band was supposedly dead and no  one was
listening.  The boys in EU would be very happy and more often than  not I'd be
rewarded with a Q on a "dead band".

Many times that one Q would be followed by a string of more EU  Qs.  In
fact, at the bottom of the cycle I managed over 50 or 60 Qs with EU  (a polar
path) doing the self spot.  Now remember, that was a "dead  band".

Now as for self spotting on 15 at 1300Z, that is a no-no as far as  I am
concerned.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS

In a message dated 2/7/2015 12:31:13 P.M. Coordinated Universal Time,