Topband: "Evil".. Really?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: "Evil".. Really?
From: "Steven R Daniel, D.D.S." <nn4t@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 11:05:03 -0600
Edmund Burke was a great thinker and observer of mankind and politics. I
suspect he would view all this gnashing of teeth over such a trivial matter
as just what it is: a waste of time and energy. ISIS, who kills hundreds of
people every day, is evil. Thousands of people dying all over the world of
starvation and treatable diseases is evil. Are you really going to lump RHR
in with that?

Take a few minutes, go to the website and read the users agreement. If you
cheat you are kicked off and no refund is forthcoming. These guys are trying
to run an ethical business which respects the rules of DXCC. And they do.
Use the service (disclaimer, I am a satisfied user but have no fiduciary
interest in the company) or don't use the service. It is the same choice as
use an amplifier or don't use an amplifier. Put up receiving antennas or
don't put up receiving antennas. It is entirely up to you. I remember the
same bellyaching about packet, list operations and the internet being used
to facilitate contacts. It all came to nothing and the hobby moved on. That
is just what will happen this time. But calling remote operation "evil"?
Perhaps we all need to step back, reflect and regain perspective. Steve,
NN4T