Re: Topband: Inverted L

To: "'chetmoore'" <chetmoore@cox.net>, "'KD0Q-Glenn'" <kd0q@traer.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 21:05:46 -0500
In the installation that Chet describes, I wouldn't expect much interaction
between the vertically polarized Inverted L and the horizontally polarized
inverted Vee. I would expect MUCH more interaction between the inverted L
and the tower.

I also would not expect a lot of interaction between the inverted L and
horizontally polarized 80 and 40m antennas.

A bit more if the 80 and 40m antennas are vertcally polarized, but not so
much since they are not resonant at topband unless they have an unfortunate
length of feedline that moves them to resonance at 160. Don't ignore the
feedline contributions.

73,
Charlie, K4OTV