Topband: Kite Vertical - ZF

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Kite Vertical - ZF
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 06:53:10 -0600
We are leaving next Tuesday to go visit my son and his family in Cayman
Islands.  I'm going to work the CQ 160 Meter Contest and, for comfort reasons,
will operate from a fixed, inland location.  If there is time, however, I am
bringing a kite and some small wire and am hoping we can go to the beach some
early evening and experiment with raising a vertical using the kite.

G4VGO has done this in numerous locations with success.
http://www.qsl.net/g4vgo/antenna1.htm

I'll use my son's call for QSLing convenience, so look for ZF2DX during the
contest.

The most likely time for the kite experiment will be either Thursday before the
contest or Monday after contest around sunset.  I expect that 100w and a
vertical at the beach will be better than 1500w and a lesser antenna inland.

73...Stan, K5GO

Sent from my iPad