Re: Topband: W1MGP (sk)

To: "Bernie McClenny, W3UR" <bernie@dailydx.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: W1MGP (sk)
From: "K1FZ-Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 08:44:42 -0500
I worked Sam almost every Friday evening on the local 10-10 net.for years.   Related, Yes, I asked Sam a few years ago.and said  his father and Harold were cousins. Sam was in his 90's but would not tell his exact age.   He was a great guy. Way back in the early 1930' ships would pass by his island. He worked a number of ship radio operators using light CW.... Had a car headlight mounted outside and keyed it from his ham shack.
 73
 Bruce-K1FZ

I wonder if he was related to the inventor of the Beverage antenna?