Topband: SP remote from DN45

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: SP remote from DN45
From: "Mel Crichton" <kj9c@iquest.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 18:12:23 -0000
Wish I had an antenna here in MT DN45 for 160, but that can't be. Second best option was to remote operate my station in EM69, even though I can't switch RX antennas remotely (Yet! That will change before next TBDC)... So I switched between the TX and the north beverage (the least directional and quietest)....

No DX this time, but I was LP and heard only J6 and KV4FZ, neither could hear me... Best was CN98 (a 6 pointer) - put 200 QSOs in the log... If the intenet connection would not have crashed six times I might have stayed a bit longer... (not sure if it failed in Indiana or in Montana, wasn't a problem when we operated W1AW/9 a few weeks ago)... another glitch to iron out before next contest

Thanks again to the organizers and all who participated... there must hae been a number of QRP stations, or it sure seemed that way

Mel KJ9C EM69