Re: Topband: RTTY on 160 meters

To: KE1F Lou <lmecseri@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RTTY on 160 meters
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 07:10:39 -0500
1800-1810 recommendation is from ARRL. Not regulation, just recommendation.
RTTY in this segment is very rare and almost all I have ever heard is the
centennial W1AW/portables. Many but not all W1AW/portable activations who
do 160M RTTY are sticking to the recommendation. Also in 1800-1810 you will
find some domestic CW. http://www.arrl.org/band-plan

Most EU entities have restrictions and aren't allowed below 1810.

There certainly is some multi-tone digital mode I hear a lot around
1835-1840, maybe JT65.

Tim N3QE