Re: Topband: KP1

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: KP1
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 13:34:16 -0400
Good Luck George....I was the 160 op with the 1969 operation and worked several hundred on TB with a wire suspended above the water on the cliffs protruding across Lulu Bay. I had hopes of hanging slopers from the lighthouse on top of the hill but getting the equipment and generator up there was not supported by the team. There is a ladder inside to do maintenance on the acetylene lights many years ago but I understand this was shut down and the entrance is most likely sealed. But a drone carrying a light filament line over the top of the lighthouse could provide a means of hauling up a suitable roop to put up a Delta loop which might be a real killer corner fed on 160. It would take 3000 feet of coax to get to the operating positions unless split sites are planned for. If a vertical is planned for lower down were most of the stations are set up, remember there was, and still is a rail system that was used to carry guano for shipment, and that steel if contiguous, might be part of a suitable artificial ground system. Beverages are great but remember during the set up the sharp cactus will pierce every shoe and pants so West Texas boots are the answer to avoid some real painful experience.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ (From the first ever TB operation from Navassa back when it was KC4)