Re: Topband: Stew Perry

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew Perry
From: f5phw@free.fr
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 23:55:33 +0200 (CEST)
Hello

I was using until few days a inverted L (24m long) for 160/80.
The only big DX I made were V5, A65, A45, K, FO/C, FP.

Some friends told me it was really better to have around 40m long.

So, now, the lenght is around 40 meters. 8 meters vertical under a tree and
horizontal for the rest of wire.
About 50 radials from 5 meters to 20 meters.

No Rx system, only on inverted L.

This pre Stew Perry was good to test it.
I don't know how was the propagation yesterday night, good or not ? I am a
newbie on 160.

I have been on top band during 3 hours.
All stations I could hear had been contacted.
But only few stations from EU.
Had QSO with A65BP and the good surprise : KV4FZ at 2350Z.
My first QSO with Caribean on top band. Many many tnx Herb.
I stopped few minutes after.
I heard some EU working US stations but I never heard USA.

Only 29 QSO but happy that it seems to work better.

K3
1K-FA
Inverted L 40m
Wintest