Re: Topband: Outdoor rope suggestions

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Outdoor rope suggestions
From: k1fz@myfairpoint.net
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 16:26:39 -0400
I used the same rope, but purchased it from Davis RF. Used it for guying 100
foot Rohn-25 towers in a 80/160 meter 4 square in 1991
After 15 years, could not find any problems, but replaced it on general
principles. Expect I will have it replaced again in about another 10 years.
There is rope and there is great rope.
75
Bruce-K1FZ

www.qsl.net/k1fz/beveragenotes.html

 I have a TH3mkIII Hygain beam that has been up on a mast at 45 ft since 1983
using 3/8" Dacron rope. I have a 73 vertical that has been up since 1990 using
5/16" black rope. These antennas have stood many strong storms, 2 of which had
winds over 80 mph.

The source I have always bought from is The Radio Works.

73 es DX
Pat H. Armstrong KF5YZ