Re: Topband: Bias Tee Measurements (Test Data)

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Bias Tee Measurements (Test Data)
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 02:06:05 -0400
Tom, you said "Any test is meaningless", and I don't understand where you
are coming from on that statement.  If you look at my test, I tested with
and without the bias Tee, and I tested with a well regulated bench top
linear power supply, and the results are similar so I don't see how you can
say you can't do that.  I then went and tested with a wall wart power
supply that produced 1.5 volts peak to peak ripple when under my 100 ohm
load on the Bias Tee DC port, and it did indeed produce noisy data as you
said would happen.  I believe my test shows that you can indeed make valid
measurements as long as you are using a well regulated supply.

Please explain in more detail why you said it can't be done?

Thanks,
Don (wd8dsb)