Topband: Modeling the proverbial "vertical on a beach"

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Modeling the proverbial "vertical on a beach"
From: "k1fz" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:52:05 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "k1fz" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
To: "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2014 8:33 AM
Subject: Topband: Fw: Modeling the proverbial "vertical on a beach"

 Also, KFI can be heard
at noon in the SF Bay Area on ground wave, but the same
cannot be said of KGO in the LA area.  I would concede that
KGO seems to have the superior ground wave signal across
the bay on the peninsula vs other SF bay area stations.

Rick N6RK

Over the years, transmitted signals have been noted to peak toward the
ground/salt water conductivity. Another way to look at it is;
loss is toward the highest ground resistance.

73
Bruce-K1FZ

My post is assuming that conductivity is from the transmitting antenna outward, and optimum when continous.
73 Bruce