Re: Topband: Field Day Classic 1950s

To: <w7dra@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Field Day Classic 1950s
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 09:49:47 -0400
Mine was a HQ-129X, Viking I and 122VFO, plus DB-22A preselector for the high bands.

This was a 3 station event with HS friends on a high open field in LI NY in 1957.

Antennas were various wires on push up masts that doubled as supports for a HB10 and 15M ground plane.

Power was some old WW2 surplus generator. Most fit in an almost new 57 Hudson wagon with the big Packard V8 and the roof racks, that car was huge and was driven by one of the dads. The rest went in my 49 Ford 2 dr. I think both vehicles made 2 trips and my Ford stayed on site for gas runs, that genny was thirsty and belonged to the Hudson owner; they were big into camping.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: <w7dra@juno.com>