Topband: Dayton Top Band Dinner

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Dayton Top Band Dinner
From: Craig Thompson <craig@thompsonet.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 11:27:42 -0500
Hello

The Google Earth presentation was made using the log from FT5ZM.

The log was first filtered for 160m QSOs. I had to add the grids to each
station. I did that by importing into DXKeeper...a module of DXLabs and
using the XML feed from QRZ.com to add the grid data.
http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/

The ADIF was exported and then imported into QScope.org Then it was
processed for a KML file and downloaded to my computer using the
Grid Locator KMZ
file<https://qscope.org/charts/k9ct_b67e2c55b0b33649f34c38e98af2597a/ft5zm-21/Locators.kmz>
If you have downloaded and installed Google Earth, you can just click on
the KMZ file to open the program.

You need to turn on the day/night function and then using the time lapse
control to move through the time lapse. You will not see the stations
worked unless you add some time delay. I usually use 1 to 2 hours. This
keeps the Stations indicated for a few seconds while running the time
lapse.

This was recorded using SnagIt software as a MP3 and then imported into the
PowerPoint Presentation software.

http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.html

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint/

I will be showing this PPT at the W9DXCC in September. After that, I will
post the videos on YouTube for anyone to see.

73, Craig K9CT