Re: Topband: How Increase 160m power on FL2100z

To: 'Tom W8JI' <w8ji@w8ji.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: How Increase 160m power on FL2100z
From: Damien F4AZF <f4azf@f4azf.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:44:01 +0200
Hi ,so some news after some tests :

I have add 1000pF on the load capacity:

Can nearly 550w .. so it was missing some !

Today I have add 5 more turns on the Load tank coil..(14 original + rest of
other bands)

Tune has change value on 160...(around 5 for nearly all the band) but now I
have a bit too much capacity load (now at 10 so minimal capa!) .. I ll have
to decrease some 500pF I think but power still limited at 550Watts on 160m,
seems that having more turns on the tank coil has no real effect actually..

Anyway and hopefully, no effect on other bands.

I have win a bit of power that's sure but should be possible win more... I
must continue to work on !

Thanks everyone's for the help

73s de Damien F4AZF