Re: Topband: A newbie question

To: jhsimon@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Topband: A newbie question
From: Ray Benny <rayn6vr@cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 11:12:42 -0700
Tom,

I worked XV7BM at 1328z this morning about 10 minutes before our SR. When I
worked him, he was 559, but within 10 minutes he was 579!

I'm running about 1400 watts out to a 70 ft vertical with (2) 50 ft top hat
wires. I have over 100 135 ft ground radials. My RX antenna is a HI-Z 4 SQ
antenna that works great! It increases the signal about one S unit, but
also rejects noise off the sides and back. It has helped me greatly in
hearing DX on 80m &  160m.

Ray,

N6VR
Chino, Valley