Topband: Analyzers -The guy who Sells AIM Products Responds

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Analyzers -The guy who Sells AIM Products Responds
From: Jay Terleski <jayt@arraysolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 17:55:02 -0600
The two latter products produce superb plotting results when sweeping
through the AMBC frequencies in the presence of strong RF fields - Paul

Yes Paul, we have a couple of ways to handle rf on the antenna,  one is the
way we make the measurement which surrounds the measurement with a band
pass filter like an IF of a radio, and gets rid of lots of noise, and also
DSP functions as well as smoothing and averaging that can work well even in
our low power AIM 4170 (micro-watts of rf) to overcome rf on the antenna.
 Also since you can calibrate out any filter using the custom cal routine
Bob developed, you can get rid of very high RF voltages with a BCB filter
and make great measurements on a 160m vertical etc, or even in co-located
AM and FM sites. Many BC engineers use our low end products to make FCC
measurements.

Of course we do make the PowerAim product for broadcast enginneering too
($3,000), which has a much higher RF output and can blow through 50V Rf on
an antenna, and even more with a filter.

I have an app note on our website that shows tuning up a 160m vertical with
lots of AM BC rf on the antenna.
http://arraysolutions.com/images/Tuning_160m_Vertical.pdf

--
Jay Terleski