Re: Topband: Shunt feeding the Skyneedle - new developments

To: "'Carl Braun'" <Carl.Braun@lairdtech.com>, "'ZR'" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Shunt feeding the Skyneedle - new developments
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 22:43:58 -0500
Well, Carl, you might pick up a littie less shunt C with the vacuum
variable, and if it will provide more capacitance, it will probably allow
you to get to j0. I guess if you don't have some other need for the high
voltage capability of the vacuum variable, It should surely do the job!

If you are at -j11, that means you have tken out enough inductance from the
gamma line that you now need a larger capacitor to resonate it.
Have fun!

73,
Charlie, K4OTV