Topband: Stew Perry Plans

To: 'TopBand' <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Stew Perry Plans
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 14:26:13 -0800
Crew,

I'm planning to operate the Stew Perry contest QRP using the call of our local contesting club, KU6W. A study of results from previous Topband QRP efforts shows that virtually all of my Zone 4 and Zone 5 QSOs have occurred between1000Z and 1300Z. Most were in CQ160CW, which is late Jan, so things may begin as early as 0930 this time of year, so that's when I'll be concentrating my efforts. I'll also be on a bit throughout the evening to work those closer to home. I may fire up K9YC with the big amp if I have the chance to work a new one.

In addition to turning in a good score and passing out 5X contacts to those deserving with good RX antennas, I'm hoping to finish up QRP WAS on Top Band. I need VT, CT, WV, SC, KY, and MS.

73, Jim K9YC / KU6W  Santa Cruz, CA