Re: Topband: DX-100 adventure - progress

To: "'Bill Cromwell'" <wrcromwell@gmail.com>, "'top Band'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX-100 adventure - progress
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 23:00:45 -0500
BTW, Biii - tip/suggestion  - for those series-connected electrolytics you
probably should put a pair of equal value resistors - one across each series
capacitor, as the leakage currents will not be equal in each capacitor in
each series string and the DC voltage won't divide equally across each
capacitor unless you put individual "bleeder" or "swamping" resistors across
each cap in the series pair to equalize the DC across each capacitor in the
series!  I'll be interested to see how it turns out! I never had a DX-100
"Benton Harbor Kilowatt"!  I did  have a DX-40 for a while, but no 160 on
that one, though! I do have an EF Johnson Navigator in pretty good condition
that needs to  have all of its electrolytics replaced because of their age.
I does have 160 (and 11 meters also!).

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

73,
Charlie, K4OTV