Topband: Quarter-wavelength patterns available

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Quarter-wavelength patterns available
From: "Shoppa, Tim" <tshoppa@wmata.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 14:14:22 +0000
I am an alligator since adding an amp to my station and need to improve 160M
receive abilities.

I have a very odd shaped suburban lot but I do have a quarter wavelength on
160M available in roughly the NNE-SSW direction.

The corners of the lot have a lot of brush and trees and are actually pretty
good opportunities for supporting K9AY loops in. I have a near infinite supply
of bamboo poles from neighbor's overgrowth I might be able to use as supports
too. I already have a K9AY loop in one corner of the lot but would like to
improve things.

What patterns would be available to me given the roughly quarter wavelength
spacing? Most desirable directions are NE to EU and W to California.

Tim N3QE