Topband: Top loading Hy-tower

To: bob.selbrede@gmail.com
Subject: Topband: Top loading Hy-tower
From: jcjacobsen@q.com
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 12:30:58 -0500 (EST)
Hi Bob,

If you are going so far as to removing all the stubs, go one farther. I' ve
heard that the "limited High Power" problem is because of arc over between the
top of the tower section and the 80m stub mast above it. I've heard several
stories about fireworks at the top of the tower during 160 contests. I'd try
shorting out/connecting the stub to the main tower with a strap. Get the tower
to resonate on 80/75. THEN your base load coil should work with no limitations
on 160. You could switch the coil in/out with a relay.
Good luck with the project. Let us all know how it turns out.

73
K9WN Jake
Topband Reflector