Re: Topband: Wanted - Harline connectors

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Wanted - Harline connectors
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 08:50:49 -0800
On 11/5/2013 6:19 AM, Jim Garland wrote:
Hi All,

I'm looking for one or (preferably) two connectors for 50 ohm 1/2 inch
hardline - the CATV type, with a solid 1/8 in (approx) copper inner
conductor, solid aluminum tube for a shield and an outer vinyl jacket.
Again, this is the 50 ohm CATV hardline, not the more common 75 ohm type.
I'd prefer PL-259 connectors, but SO-239 or N-connectors will work.

North American Cable Equipment Company has them, but I've heard that they have a $100 minimum. .

There are ways to home brew them, and that's what I've done for the 75 ohm line I have. Several are documented on the internet. See http://k9yc.com/Coax-Stubs.pdf for my solution. More photos in the Coax-Stubs Power Point pdf.

73, Jim K9YC
Topband Reflector