Re: Topband: Nye Viking MB-V-A

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Nye Viking MB-V-A
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 15:31:12 -0400
I had a similar problem with the flat loading capacitors plates burning a hole and failing on my Drake MN-2000 ATU and found some very nice low profile 200pf 10KV mica transmitting capacitors from Bulgaria on eBay for $6.00 each. There seems to be a good supply from the vendor as they are currently listed as:

<javascript:;>

 *

   <Javascript:;>
 *

   <Javascript:;>

<http://cgi5.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SellLikeItem&_trksid=p2047675.l2567&rt=nc&item=271275539786>

 2 200 pF 10kV LOT OF 2 HIGH VOLTAGE CERAMIC DOORKNOB CAPACITORS KVI-3
 (???-3)

Shipping took only a week and the items fit inside the tuner easily. I used some tinned solder wick to make the connections to the switch as I did not have any tinned braid available.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ.