Topband: Hi-Z or Apex loop antenna

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Hi-Z or Apex loop antenna
From: Rune Øye <runeegil@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 06:16:57 +0000

I All,
I am moving in to a new qth in end of November and start to prepare my antenna
farm. My new land is around 3700 square meter so I should be able to install
some RX antenna for TB.
My new qth is around 20Km south of Oslo and are in a farmer land.  I guess i
will be able to even install some 2-300 meter long beverage antenna if my
neighbor farmer allows me toJ. I have recently reading about HI-Z receiving
antenna (8 element version) last number of QST I found info about the new Apex
loop antenna. Is here anyone that has tried any of the two antennas? Are they
comparable? I am not afraid the size for an 8 element HI-Z or even the Beverage
antennas, I simply want to use the best antenna at present time. (Well phased
beverage antennas is probbably to big in that area)

73 Rune LA7THA
Topband Reflector