Re: Topband: RX antenna transformer winding (pure resistance transformat

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RX antenna transformer winding (pure resistance transformation issues)
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 14:36:25 -0500
If I can add my $0.02 worth here...

I have never found a better ferrite core for RX antenna transformers than
the Amidon BN-73-202 (Fair-Rite 2873000202). I also used to use
side-by-side stacked ferrite beads (eight FB-73-202 in two tight stacks of
4) to make "binocular cores", but that never worked as well. I immediately
noticed an improvement in the performance of my Beverages when I switched
to those little multi-aperture 2873000202 cores. Newark/Element 14 has
those Fair-rite cores cheep.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I used two FT50-43 cores configured to make a binocular core, ...

Topband Reflector