Re: Topband: Vertical vs inverted L question/opinions

To: DALE LONG <dale.long@prodigy.net>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Vertical vs inverted L question/opinions
From: Henry Pollock - K4TMC <kilo4tmc@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 14:07:12 -0400
Dale,

I thing someone has already beat you.  Have you noticed all of those
self-supporting tapered tubular galvanized steel cell phone towers
sprouting over the country?  And they have short limbs at the top for
attachments.

I would think some enterprising 160M buff would consider parking an RV near
the base of one of them and shoot a line over the top, then pull up a wire
cage gamma rod for feeding the tower. (K4TMC idea patent pending). :-)

73,
Henry - K4TMC

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 10:41 PM, DALE LONG <dale.long@prodigy.net> wrote:

> Tom, that gives me an idea..
>
> An artificial tree (metallic) about 130 feet tall.  Wonder how many of
> them I could sell.
>
> Where's the nearest patent office?
>
> 73,
>
> Dale - N3BNA