Re: Topband: Zo of an individual CAT5 twisted pair

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Zo of an individual CAT5 twisted pair
From: James Rodenkirch <rodenkirch_llc@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 10:38:47 -0600
To embellish the below some, the twisted pairs in a CAT5 cable have different
twists, e.g.,

Pair color[cm] per turnTurns per
[m]Green1.5365.2Blue1.5464.8Orange1.7856.2Brown1.9451.7
So, one would assume the Zo for each pair is different....I suspect the
difference isn't that much but....thought I'd "axe around"

> From: rodenkirch_llc@msn.com
> To: topband@contesting.com
> Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 10:32:20 -0600
> Subject: Topband: Zo of an individual CAT5 twisted pair
>
> In an earlier post to this reflector, Carlos, N4IS, mentions using one pair
> of twisted wires out of a CAT5 cable to feed the delta loop antenna used by
> T6LJ.
>
> I am assembling the pieces/components needed to put an "FO0AAA style" delta
> loop receive antenna up and want to use the twisted pair cable as well.,
>
> My question is:
>
>  Does it matter which twisted pair of wires I use?
>
> Thanks, in advance, for any thoughts....72, Jim Rodenkirch K9JWV

> Topband Reflector

Topband Reflector