Re: Topband: Effect of trees- tree appreciation

To: topband List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Effect of trees- tree appreciation
From: Gary and Kathleen Pearse <pearse@gci.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 20:31:16 -0800
Where are the high voltage points in a "T" antenna?

I have the choice of putting up either a new T between two trees, or an L again
on 160M. The ends of the T would by necessity be strung over and go down 20-30'
alongside the two supporting trees.

The L would parallel a tree and bend over at around 75-80'. The horizontal end
of the L would end up 20-30' from its tree support. I'd reuse my 8 tuned
elevated radials, plus maybe a couple more.

Suggestions? Sometimes high angle works better in our tilted ionosphere at 64N.

73, Gary NL7Y
Topband Reflector