Topband: Radio shopping and slightly off topic but....

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Radio shopping and slightly off topic but....
From: James Rodenkirch <rodenkirch_llc@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 09:15:02 -0600

A friend of mine has been looking for a new or newer radio that he can operate
complete with his Mac OS computer with out running some type of emulator.  He
says Ten-Tec Jupiter looks promising but he believes the radio is updated with
window based software so I cannot update the thing.

He's looked at Flex and likes if only if it has software written for OS Mac
without running Boot Strap - Flex is Windows based.  If he can run Boot Strap,
then the Radio's program, he can settle for that but If he has to run windows
as well forget it

He was looking at the ELAD FDM-DUO thats still in prototype testing and it
looks promising.
http://ecom.eladit.com/WebRoot/ce_it/Shops/990298944/MediaGallery/FDM-DUO_Leaflet_1_ING_LO.pdf

Any ideas on what radio to look at?  Thank you, in advance, for any ideas -
e-mail off line works for me!  72, Jim Rodenkirch K9JWV

Topband Reflector