Topband: TX antenna improvements

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TX antenna improvements
From: "Neil G0JHC" <g0jhc@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 18:32:37 +0100
Looking for advice?

My TX antenna is (like most) an inverted L.

It is  a 58ft vertical, with a 85 feet horizontal section, tied off to a
tree at 60ft, with 120 ¼ radials under it, on a salt marsh, a couple of
miles from the sea, so it?s quite efficient  ..  the horizontal section is
almost ?horizontal?, apart from some sag in the middle.

I have the option to move the end support  to a tree a little further away
at 80ft, allowing the horizontal  section to slope up a little, rather than
?sag? a little.

This is a couple of days work, 1st removing braches from a pine tree, then
getting a new pulley into place.

My question is .. will it be worth it?

How much is the angle of radiation effected by the horizontal section of an
L, when it?s pretty horizontal already, and you can only up it ?a bit?,
especially with a good radial system already in place.

Neil G0JHC

Topband Reflector