Topband: CABLE TV HARDLINE

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: CABLE TV HARDLINE
From: THOMAS M GREENWAY <k4pi@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 11:05:07 -0700 (PDT)
Just wanting some input ...  I have used cable TV hardline for years with most
of the transitions being inside a plastic box with the center conductor
soldered to a SO239 mounted on the box and the shield being jumpered by braid.
Recently on some receive system fed with hardline I have used the brass 1/2
transistions to joint the coax and a PL259 using NoOx.  It makes a nice neat
transistion.  The price is about the same to do either.  I am planning some
large changes and leaning toward the brass transitions.  Any comments on
experiences with both. 73 Mike K4PI
All good topband ops know fine whiskey is a daylight beverage.
Topband Reflector