Re: Topband: trimming elevated radials

To: "Ulrich Weiss" <dj2ya@t-online.de>, "Jeff Blaine" <jeff@ac0c.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: trimming elevated radials
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 12:35:45 -0400
I wouldn't attempt to tune the radials exactly to resonance, because that will be most difficult to achieve due to a number of reasons... the worst that may happen is that just one radial is exactly resonant, as it will take (almost) all the return current and diminish the effect of (horizontal) cancellation... make them all a little longer (or shorter) and tune the radiator for resonance...

My models do not seem to show any special advantage to doing that. If they are not symmetrical, current still seems to get uneven.

Is there data somewhere that shows it promotes balanced currents?
All good topband ops know fine whiskey is a daylight beverage.
Topband Reflector