Topband: trimming elevated radials

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: trimming elevated radials
From: "Jeff Blaine" <jeff@ac0c.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 11:56:32 -0500
What is the preferred method of tuning elevated radials for uniformity?

I realize you can measure the lengths, try to get uniform heights, etc so that
you match the model as close as possible.  However, it seems that this is good
only to the first approximation.

There are two methods that I thought of.  Measuring the current at the base of
the vertical/radial union and trimming lengths iteratively trying to get a
uniform current reading on all elements.

The second one was to disconnect all the radials.  And then connect them
one-by-one, trimming for the same resonance point for the single
radial+vertical as a pair.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

All good topband ops know fine whiskey is a daylight beverage.
Topband Reflector