Re: Topband: Using GE silicone as antenna sealant.

To: wa3mej@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Using GE silicone as antenna sealant.
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 08:17:13 -0400
WA3MEJ said :

be very sure that if you pick GE silicone sealant.. (RTV or whatever you
> call it) DO NOT use the kind that has acetic acid in it.

This is a very good point, and this is the reason I use GE Silicone Sealant
II versus GE Silicone Sealant I.  GE Silicone Sealant II is a "neutral cure
silicone" whereas GE Silicone Sealant is an acid or acetoxy cure silicone.
  "Neutral Cure" silicone means no acids are released during the curing
process (note this information was obtained from the GE website).

73's
Don (wd8dsb)
Topband Reflector