Topband: Telephone C-wire for radials and Beverages

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Telephone C-wire for radials and Beverages
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 15:09:31 -0400
I wonder if regular telephone company C-wire would not make great radials either buried or on ground. I do not know the impedance but it would also be a stronger replacement for WD-1A for directional Beverages as well, although I am not sure what the 40% conductivity comment all means, I would think it would be more suitable to resist corrosion and the dissimilar metal issues than any aluminum product.

Just curious,

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ

(800) 238-7514
www.ptsupply.com

Drop & Distribution Wire
Aerial, Self-Supporting "C-Wire"
RUS/RDUP Spec PE-17, IMSA Spec 29-2
For single circuit aerial distribution rural networks. "C-Wire" is easily installed
utilizing standard hardware and installation procedures.
Conductors
Two 40% conductivity copper-clad steel
Insulation/Jacket
Black polyolefin compound extruded over the two
conductors in parallel to form an integrated oval
configuration. A raised rigid tracer on one edge of the
jacket provides conductor polarity identification.
Part No.
AWG
Conductor Resistance
Ohms/M-ft, 68°F/20°C