Re: Topband: Adding 160m to Butternut verticals

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Adding 160m to Butternut verticals
From: "PTA_ABD" <wb2abd@roadrunner.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 12:22:19 -0500
Yes, I tried that a few zillion years ago. The upper section of an HF2V was
never designed to support a long hunk of wire hanging off the top ... it turns
into a noodle, requiring a set of guys at the top. Tuning was difficult and
inconsistent. Vertical section isn't high enough to be effective on TB. I'd do
something else.

Even with lots of radials, it didn't work that well on 80M ( w/o the extra wire
on top). 160M?  What was I thinking?

Paul WB2ABD

< Has anyone tried adding a horizontal wire to the top of either the Butternut
HF2V, HF6V, or HF9V in order to get it to resonate on 160m?

Les, N1SV >

Topband Reflector