Topband: RIG PROTECTION FROM BEVERAGES

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: RIG PROTECTION FROM BEVERAGES
From: Wayne Willenberg <wewill747@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 10:22:09 -0500
As I originally explained in my first post on this subject, I have the 75
Ohm feedline from my Beverages connected directly to the antenna input on
my FT-5000.  I thought I should be concerned about lightning protection and
the destruction of at least the front end of my receiver.

Thanks to several of you who responded, I now know the larger concern
should be the Beverage feeding my transmitted signal back into the
receiver. This is probably of particular concern since I always use my
linear at about 1500W when transmitting.

However, no one proposed a solution.

I have been looking on the Internet, and one possible solution is Array
Solutions Model AS-RXFEP, RF Front End Protector.  The advertising claims
to protect in the feedback situation as well as in a lightning situation.
The insertion loss is claimed to be only 0.3dB.  For only $55 this seems
like a good investment.  Does anyone have experience with this unit or
would you please suggest an alternative?

Thanks again for your help.

73, Wayne KK6BT
Topband Reflector