Topband: one- way propagation

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: one- way propagation
From: Robert Briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 11:04:41 +1100
Interesting theories and observations regarding one way propagation..My take is that most of the seemingly one way prop is more dependent on operator skill and the local qrn at one end of the circuit..With the current conditions this past 12 months most usually strong signals on the band are often attenuated due to less than a reliable path..I hear many signals that may be only S1-3and few hear a station calling them..These conditions may give the impression of "one way" prop but it is more likely due to qrn conditions at the listening end...I am looking at this from the VK cross the Equator Summer/Winter differences which have a big influence on making a contact..My observations over 35 years show that there is propagation most of the time all year if stations take the time and patience to listen for DX..

Bob..VK3ZL..