Topband: My Peeve

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: My Peeve
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 22:58:05 -0500
So I just got done working Herb & I'm kinda miffed at all the
stateside stations working in the DX window. I didn't count them but
15 is a good conservative number.

I don't have the greatest Rx situation but I've managed to pull out
13 multipliers so far and all but one I found within that cluttered
window. I have a pair of 250 Hz filters and have the digital narrowed
down to 50 Hz and have been very slowly S&P so I've been listening to
all the "quiet" spots for DX throughout the band.

Damned shame those inconsiderate few like to sit in the middle of the
best multiplier nest and call CQ Test.

Time to crack a beer and keep spinning that VFO...

Gary
KA1J