Re: Topband: detuning shunt fed tower

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: detuning shunt fed tower
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 08:37:44 -0500
Thanks to everyone who replied (many off list)! I will be working through personal replies and follow-ups but have spent most of the last 24 hours frantically investigating my station setup. I do have some SEVERE new noise issues, and that vertical still needs to be detuned. However...

I also found connector problems in my receive system, which I am trying to correct as best I can. I became highly suspicious yesterday when I bumped the desk and my noise on a particular Beverage/frequency went from S1 to S8! The culprit in that case turned out to be a blasted RCA connector which has now been ripped out, thrown in the trash, and replaced by an SO-239. A similar fate is about to befall a few more of the devils!

Thanks & 73,
Paul N1BUG